Tatua center is an alternative dispute resolution center, that focuses on disputes that arise in credit information sharing mechanism.
The CIS mechanism is still quite new in Kenya and is yet to be well understood by members of the public. Tatua center was established to educate customers on their rights under the mechanism as well as on how to enforce those rights in the most efficient and cost effective manner. Some of the information sent to the CRBs may not be accurate, Tatua Center helps the customers to have their information corrected and where a dispute arises, it helps in resolving that dispute outside the court process.
- It teaches customers about their rights and obligations and the CIS mechanism
- It assists the customers to file their disputes with CRBs
- It facilitates meetings between borrowers and lenders
- It helps in mediating disputes that escalate beyond negotiation between lenders and borrowers at no cost
- It updates CRBs on outcome of disputes to ensure customer profiles are updated
- It facilitates reforms aimed at improving the CIS mechanism
Tatua Center is accessible to every credit consumer that has a problem with his/her credit report. There is no cost to the customer. It is also available to lenders who would want their CRB disputes resolved through ADR. Tatua Center has experts who have been in the CIS field since its inception in Kenya and thus fully understand both the law and practice. There is no better place to take your CRB disputes.
94% of the cases that we have handled as at August 2019 have been successful where the borrower and the lender shake hands and they say ‘thank you, let us do business in future” Please try us today.